Monday, November 11, 2013

Pomegranates... A taste treat that is well worth the effort!!! Now in Season.....

Pomegranate 


This morning I had a Pomegranate for Breakfast.

If you have never had one, I highly recommend giving it a try!

I discovered this wonderful fruit 2 years ago... prior to that I had never had one!!!

It takes a little bit of preparation time to cut it and get all the seeds out. Well worth it!

I love the fresh taste of it's heavenly seeds and the juice!

Nutritional value .... Pomegranate

Pomegranates   (click on link for more reasons to eat/drink Pomegranates) are in Season right now and available at most local grocery stores... My local Walmart had large Pomegranates for $1.99 each. They are a special  taste treat for me.... I hope you will give it a try!!!

I am in the mood for Guacamole and veggie chip's ... so I will be dehydrating some sweet potato chips and making some Guacamole today!

Here's my most recent version of Guacamole...

2 ripe Avocado's ...mashed with fork
lime juice to taste... about 2-3 t
Cilantro to taste... about 1/4 c. to 1/2 c. chopped
l/4 c red onion chopped finely
2 garlic cloves chopped finely
2 serrano chile's chopped finely
salt to taste

Sweet potato chips ... dehydrated version

1-2 Sweet potatoes   peeled and sliced very thin
soak slices in Bragg's aminos for about 15 minutes
then sprinkle with nutritional or brewer's yeast
Spread each slice onto a dehydrator screen and dehydrate for 8-10 hours or until desired texture

I love these chips with guacamole dip.... I have it for a snack or sometimes just eat this for lunch!

You could also eat non gmo organic chips with the quac dip !!! If you are not into dehydrating your own chips!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment