Saturday, October 10, 2015

Parkinson's - Dopamine delivery and calming tremors.... following the "The Starch Solution" - while trying not to cave in to my cravings!

May 13, 2017

UPDATE ...."The Starch Solution Diet",  did not work for me !  Remember we are all different, what works for one, does not work for all!

7:1 Parkinson's Diet ...
This is what has worked and I am continuing to learn how to make this a part of every meal and morsel I put in my mouth!

Following "The Starch Solution Diet" to see if it helps to minimize my tremors ....

Well ... here's what I have come up with so far!

I didn't exactly  follow the Diet in it's entirety... I did eat some great Vegan Low Fat Recipes from the
Low Fat Vegan Chef

Soup was my main staple during the week... along with Salad and whole Baked potatoes and  steamed Broccoli.

Butternut Squash, Corn and White Bean Soup
Really good and very simple to make!
Did you know that you can buy Frozen  Organic chopped Butternut Squash in your grocer's freezer section....for those of you who don't have fresh squash or just want to make the soup fairly quickly with out the fuss of chopping up a fresh Butternut Squash!

Cream of Buckwheat Cereal ... cooked as directed on Package .... I also added a 1/2 frozen Banana to the Cereal at the end of cooking ... let it melt into the cereal, during the last few minutes of cooking ... then added Cinnamon and Turmeric to taste.
This is similar to Cream of Wheat in texture and appearance....but has no wheat in it!


While I did not follow the Diet completely...

I did note that when I had the Starchy Meals with no additions of dairy, fat, or sugar ... my tremors were noticeably less!

When I added the listed items below in  moderation... I had noticeable tremors 1/2-2 hours after I ate the
items. I also noted some bloating and gas after eating these items!

I ate the following in moderation ... typically  not allowed on the Diet.
These are items I  had on hand and that I normally would eat ,,,I am working on eliminating them from my diet!
They were on hand and I had not gone to the grocery store to get more permissible items for the Diet.
So I am a work in progress right now!

Raw Almonds - Almond Butter on a Apple
Pistachios  -
Store bought ....Poppy Seed Salad Dressing with Oil and Sugar
Avocado in a Salad

Sunflower seeds in a Salad
Hemp seeds in a Smoothie
Olive oil
Dark Chocolate
Organic raisins
Brown cow yogurt-Blueberry, Strawberry

I did not eat any Meat, Chicken or Fish this week!


I didn't really miss not eating the Meat, Chicken or Fish.... it's the other things ...  like Dairy, Fat and Sugar that are my real down falls!

Next week I will work on eliminating Dairy .... and see how it goes!!

Keep the Faith.....






No comments:

Post a Comment