Monday, August 27, 2012

Experimenting with food... Parkinson's symptoms get worse!!!

I decided to try an experiment on myself... via the food I put into my body.

The results were pretty drastic. It proves to me that what I eat has a tremendous effect on the severity of my Parkinson's symptoms, along with irritating my stomach.

What did I eat...

I had French dip sandwich with au jus and french fries, I had this 2x during the week... I drank Strawberry Marguerita's... I had Mexican food -Shrimp Burrito with traditional rice and beans. Corn Chips and Salsa. I had tuna fish sandwich on Wonder whole grain white bread... Kettle potato chips... Sierra Mist Soda... White Zinfandel Wine... Dairy Queen Chicken Salad with French dressing.  Egg Salad with Mayonnaise on Wonder whole grain white bread... Subway Pizza with spinach, green peppers, onions cheese and marinara from their meatball sauce. I ate Chinese buffet ....mix of all types of veggies, meats and fried rice... I had frozen pepperoni pizza with cheese. I ate candy... tootsie pops!!! lots of them.

I did have some Fresh fruit for breakfast.... plums, cantaloupe, watermelon, bananas or a Enlgish muffin with butter and strawberry preserves... or I ate no breakfast at all.

I did not do food combining or eat organic foods... I just ate what is typically available via the restaurants in town. And via purchases from the grocery store. I did not drink very much water... and I did minimal exercise.

If you look at the list of things that I ate... you wouldn't really say that it looks bad!!!

But for me it was disastrous!

By the 2nd day of eating this way... my stomach felt bloated and I had extreme pain and a distended abdomen. By the 4th day... my tremors were out of control. I could not get calm, no matter how much of the herb that I normally use to help alleviate my symptoms... I tripled the dosage and it not help... my leg, arm and hand shook like crazy. I could not sit still!  I had cramps in my arm, hand, foot and leg.

I felt horrible... physically and mentally.

What I learned is this... The type of food that I put into my body is the key to how I feel. 

I am back to eating a mostly vegan diet... with occasional organic chicken and/or beef. I seem to do better when I eat less meats or if I do eat them... eat them in small amounts with dinner.
Vegetables... I am trying to purchase most of my produce at the local Farmer's market... or get organic what I can from the  local grocery store. And am eliminating gluten and sugar from my diet!

Already feeling better!!! Stomach bloat is going down and tremors are again controllable, via my herbs.

What a difference a few days makes!!!

Eating healthy food ... makes me feel better!   It's not always easy... but well worth it in the end!







No comments:

Post a Comment