Sunday, August 5, 2012

I am back....

I can't believe I am finally writing on my blog again!  Hooray!!!

The challenge of trying to get access to my blog via my laptop has been challenging, to say the least!

Either my computer isn't working properly or I don't have access to the internet....

Updates!!!

I am still using the Neuroassist protocol with guidance from my Naturopathic Physician, Dr. Dana Keaton of Phoenix, AZ. 

It's always a challenge... my body is constantly adapting to the regime and I am continually having to change dosages of Mucuna and Amino Acids.  Fortunately, I am still able to find several hours of relief each day from my symptoms. ie:  tremors and muscle spasms/contractions in hands, arms, legs and feet.
It is during these few hours of  relief time that I do my shopping, housekeeping, cooking, reading, writing and exercise. Some days are better than other's... I just try to appreciate this time and do things that I like to do.

Food does play a huge role in how my body reacts to Mucuna Pruriens.  I have actually discovered that the Mucuna works best if I don't eat anything prior to taking it. (waiting at least 30-60 minutes before eating anything)... and not taking it with the D5 or Cys replete.  This seems to cause the least stomach issues for me.

I am still trying to use Food Combining principles when making choices for what I eat.... trying to get my body more alkaline.

Today I made this delicious soup. I think that I have to call it "Heaven in a bowl".... it is probably one of the best soups I have ever made... and it is so simple!


1/2 red onion - chopped
2 red potatoes  - peeled and chopped
1 sweet potato  -  peeled and chopped
6 small baby carrots - chopped
4 cherry tomatoes - cut in half
1 sundried tomato
1 cup spring water

Simmer all of the above ingredients until tender,  Using a vita mix blender or any high powered blender, add small batches of soup to blender and puree until smooth. Add 1 can of Organic Thai  Kitchen brand coconut milk to the soup in the blender and 1 T. red miso and continue to blend til all is blended well.
That's it! It is ready to eat and enjoy!

 Please let me know if you try this and what you think of this simple to make soup.  I thought it was awesome!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment