Sunday, August 12, 2012

What's really important? ....

Diet and Exercise and drinking lots of water are critical to feeling your best... whether you have an illness like Parkinson's Disease or just want to feel and be the best you can be... what you put into your body plays such an important role in being healthy.

Eating a predominantly plant based diet with occasional organic meat, chicken and wild fish, works best for me.  Too much protein interferes with the herb that I take which helps my body to produce the dopamine that it needs to function properly.

Also eliminating sugar from my diet seems to make a big difference on the severity of my symptoms. I was reminded of this recently while talking to someone whose husband was recently diagnosed with PD. Her Doctor recommended eliminating sugar and going on a Vegan Diet!

Books of Interest
Recently I read the "The Coconut Oil Miracle" by Bruce Fife. And after reading about all the benefits of this luscious substance...I've Decided to incorporate it into my diet.  I have been making these wonderful creamy soups with Organic unprocessed Coconut Milk. I have also added Organic Raw virgin Coconut Oil to my diet... the benefits of this delicious oil seem endless.

Recipe
My latest adventuresome recipe sounds kinda strange... I had made cooked greens this week combining Kale and Collards with onion and some spices, but did not eat all of it. And not wanting to waste these delicious greens... I decided to try it out in a soup.

I used the leftover greens, added 1 ripe tomato, a handful of baby carrots, a shake of Turmeric, 1 mild jalapeno pepper,  a little Bernard Jensen's Seasoning and a Tablespoon of Red Miso along with 1 can of Organic Coconut Milk and put it all in my Vita Mix blender.  Voila!!! A wonderful soup. It had a little kick to it from the pepper, but it wasn't overwhelming.  I thought it was great and what a good way to turn leftovers into a delicious meal.

Great connections

Dr. Mercola   An excellent website with links to the most current and breaking health news in the world. 
How we can all help ourselves by making better choices.

Energise for Life awesome website for living an alkaline balanced lifestyle. Free info and recipes!!!

Hope your having an awesome day!!!

Please feel free to make comments and or suggestions....I am always interested in your feedback!



No comments:

Post a Comment