Sunday, July 13, 2014

Juice this morning... heavenly!

Apple, Beets and Carrot...who ever thought that this combination could taste so good! And the health benefits... not so bad either!

No recipe needed here... just push apple, beets and carrots through your juicer to extract juice, then combine juices in a nice glass cup (no plastic, please!)... drink immediately and enjoy!

For some added nutritional punch ... I have added any one or all of the following to my Apple, Beet and Carrot juice.

Lemon 

Fresh Ginger

Kale

Turmeric  according to recent research... this herb could be particularly beneficial to Parkinson's sufferer's.

Cayenne combined with Turmeric may help to enhance the positive effect of Turmeric. FYI... just remember a little goes a long way!

Kelp seasoning


Came across this article today... thought it was worth sharing!
Longevity... a few tips from the People of Okinawa!


People of Okinawa, an island southwest of Japan's main landmass, are known for their longevity.



Thinking ahead  for my week ...

I am making home made Flax crackers

I am soaking 2 cups of flax seeds in 2 cups of water they will soak overnight.  Tomorrow I will add some pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, grated onion, grated carrot with a little shake of Turmeric, Cayenne and Kelp seasoning.  I will then spread this mixture onto to dehydrator sheets and place in the dehydrator for about 8-10 hours.
These make great flax crackers... I eat them with a variety of dips, salsa's and guacamole throughout the week!

Keep the faith




No comments:

Post a Comment