Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Paleo/Ketogenic recipe....A non traditional pizza crust.. Pretty Awesome!

Craving Pizza and not wanting to make a traditional wheat crust .... trying to stay away from Gluten.
I have been looking at Paleo recipes for Pizza...

This recipe looked simple and I had the ingredients on hand.


Paleo recipe for a thin crust pizza made from Flax meal and Coconut Flour. It called for the following ingredients:

1 C Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
1 T Flax meal
1 T Coconut flour
1 Egg
1/8 t Baking soda

I mixed all of ingredients together, it formed a moist dough... rolled it into a ball/ then pressed it out onto a piece of parchment paper with my palm to form a thin crust. Placed on a cookie sheet and put this into hot oven/450 degrees for about 8 minutes ... then flipped it over and baked another 5-8 minutes until it got a crispy golden brown color. Pulled it back out of the oven and added my toppings of

Marinara sauce (homemade leftover)
Fresh Spinach
Chopped Green pepper and Green onion
Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese (shredded)

I then popped it back in the oven for about 10 minutes... until cheese melted and started to brown.

It tasted Awesome!  I couldn't believe how good this was.... The crust was crispy around the edges and firm enough to pick up and eat like real pizza slices. And I didn't get a belly ache like I normally would have if I had eaten a traditional crust with Gluten in it!

The recipe makes a thin crust pizza approximately 8"x10".  I ate about 2/3 for lunch and ended up having the last piece for dinner.

Will be making this recipe regularly... no more  missing out on Pizza for me!

Ketogenic Diet may prove beneficial for Parkinson's and Alzheimer patient's.

Coconut Ketogenic Diet  this makes interesting reading! Using Coconut Oil may be beneficial to your health.

This is my journey... I share it with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment