Friday, November 4, 2011

Changing my focus...

I have been changing my focus over the last month.
I am focusing more on people who inspire me, learning from their journey and trying to incorporate positive things into my life. Learning to enjoy my life, incorporating more exercise, cooking, reading and looking forward to continuing work on my house in Missouri  that my boyfriend and I bought back in 2008. We are restoring a small single story Victorian home (about 1400 sq. ft.)  It needs total restoration. We worked on it for 3 months back in the summer of 2009, but haven't been able to get back there since then. The economy has slowed us down a little. We are hoping to get there next Spring.



I am following the New West Diet and find that their is a tremendous variety of food you can eat... as long as it is not processed, full of chemicals and/or preservatives. I've been buying mostly organic vegetables, and fruits, but if I can't find organic or they are too expensive... I follow the website that posts the 12 most toxic fruits and vegetables and try to avoid these 12 unless they are organic.
My diet over the last month has been primarily 75% raw and 25% cooked.  I like to have my cooked food at dinner... while still staying flexible. If I want something cooked and it's lunchtime I make it for lunch.  I usually eat every 2-3 hours... having snacks in between my meals.

Food 
Last night for dinner. I made Quinoa, I then sauteed some mini portabello mushrooms, onion, eggplant in a little olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper, added the cooked Quinoa to the pan and continued cooking for a couple of minutes until veggies were tender. I also made a salad with mixed greens, chopped red pepper, organic kalamata olives, heirloom tomatoes and cucumber. Topped with a salad dressing of Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and a tiny amount of raw agave.  It all tasted really good! 

Snack
This is one of my favorites ... it's taste's like ice cream... only a healthy version!
I take 1 1/2 frozen bananas, 2-3 soaked dates, a litttle organic rice dream or cashew milk, 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight in water, then drained and rinsed, throw in the blender, add 16 water and blend, strain and you have the milk.  I take the fronzen bananas, dates and milk and put into my bullet express blender. Blend until creamy! Like I said it is one of my favorites... you can add some protein powder if you like... it tastes heavenly.


Lunch
Today I made a raw soup in my Vita mix blender... you have to use a high speed blender in order to get a smooth consistency.
I used 2 carrots, cut in half, 1/2 red pepper, 1 ripe avocado, 1/2 clove garlic, a small amt of yellow onion, chopped, 1/4 cucumber, slices I had leftover, cayenne to taste, cumin to taste, turmeric to taste, salt and pepper to taste and 8 oz of spring water.  Blend until smooth... I like it spicey, so I add a good amount of cayenne powder. It was really good! You can add any type of veggie that you like and add any spices or herbs, or vegetable broth seasoning that you like. It is up to you and your taste buds!

Breakfast
Made fresh juice this morning... red beet, carrots, cucumber, celery, and some mixed greens.  I love fresh juice the morning... it is so refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment