Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What have I been eating?

Good question...

I have been eating a wide variety of food over the last 5 1/2 weeks.  I have documented some of the recipes that I thought tasted pretty good and would like to share them with you.

Dinner  last night  
I had some Bok choy and mushrooms and wasn't sure what I was going to do with it... so I googled bok choy and mushrooms and found a recipe that I thought worth making...Ginger-Sesame-Chicken-With-Bok-Choy-Onion-and-Mushrooms-354779
 
This is my version based on what I had on hand-

I sauteed in olive oil til translucent  1/2 onion chopped, 1/2 small Japanese eggplant chopped, and1 large clove garlic, added salt and pepper to taste.
I added 2 T chopped ginger to the above ingredients and sauteed for a few more minutes. I then added the broth recipe(below) and simmered for about 5 more minutes, until it thickened a little. I chopped up the bok choy that I had on hand and placed on top on the veggies and broth... I stirred the bok choy gently, until wilted  into the veggies and broth and served on top of quinoa that I had stuffed into a half of a baked acorn squash. The broth had a slightly sweet flavor from the agave and a tiny heat from the crushed pepper.  Next time I might add more crushed red pepper for a little more heat.  Otherwise it was very good!

Broth
1/2 C beef broth
3 T braggs aminos
2T pinot noir wine
1 T white wine vinegar
1 T agave
1 teas corn starch dissolved in water
1/2 teas peanut oil
3/4 teas crushed red pepper

I usually make enough quinoa at a time so I can use it for a couple of days... whether it be for breakfast with blueberries and raw cashew milk or dinner with some type of vegetable. It seems to be a good staple to have on hand.

Raw cashew milk is another staple I like to keep on hand ... it is a good base for smoothies. All you need to add is frozen bananas and frozen berries with a scoop of good protein powder and you have a good meal or snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment