Sunday, June 12, 2011

My recipe for Italian beef sandwiches...

Growing up in Chicago, Illinois, Italian roast beef on a nice hard roll with french fries was pretty much a staple in my life.

Here is my cleaned up version; I hope you like it as much as I do....

Using Boars head lunchmeat and cheeses (sticking to the clean, green and lean principles)

I use Boars head Italian beef, purchased at my Fry's deli counter. Sauteeing organic chopped red and green peppers and then adding organic beef  broth to the mixture. Let the peppers cook in the broth until peppers get soft, then add Italian beef(I chopped the beef into smaller bite size pieces) to the broth and peppers. Cook until all is hot and bubbly. Serve on a nice whole grain roll or bread. Serve it open face on one slice of bread with some sweet potato fries or a piece of organic corn on the cobb.  I have to say it is yummy!!!!

Ice tea that is good for you rooibos tea. I discovered this delicious healthy antioxidant caffeine free tea, when I was looking for a source to buy bulk  herbs... it is delicious and makes a great hot or iced tea. Iced, I add a small amount of raw agave and some fresh squeezed lemon. It is my favorite iced tea.  Worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment