Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's not just about the food...

Some other things to consider, if you are on a journey to feeling better. Again, these are topics I explored on my website http://www.newfacesofparkinsons.com/ that I published back in 2005.

Exercise has been proven to be very effective in helping people with Parkinson's Disease.

Environmental exposures may have had an impact on you.

Dr. Walter Crinnion's Book- Clean, Green and Lean is a good starting place to learn more about Food and Environmental exposures and how they can affect you.

I personally have no history of Parkinson's Disease in my family... after my own research. I believe that it is a very real possibility that my illness, may be related to many environmental exposures throughout my life.

I know that this is a very controversial subject. We are all entitled to our opinions, and again, this is my opinion! I know their is much disagreement on this topic.

The food, air and water are not what they used to be. We hear stories regularly on these topics!
Just read the headlines... today

Heavy metal exposure from a variety of sources; mercury fillings, vaccinations, contaminated water and of course, air pollution; could all have an effect on your health.

I had a sensitivity to my first vaccinations When I was a child... it made my arm swell and I had a high fever, right after my exposure to the vaccination. Now they say, it could have been from mercury that was in the vaccination.... all speculation. I am not sure!  It just makes me weary and definitely more curious to learn about toxic reactions from exposure to these things.

Still not feeling well and after a Consultation with my Naturopathic Physician yesterday. I am adding some new things to my regime.

Liquid Chlorophyll

Cilantro extract

This is my own personal journey. I am following my own path. Following my gut instincts....

I started the day with 16 oz water:
adding 1 teas. liquid chlorophyll and 5 drops of cilantro extract

Exercise:  30 minutes on the treadmill-
carried 2-3 lb weights (using weights to exercise my arms while walking)
and had ankle weights on 1-1/2 lbs ea.

mini-trampoline
10 minutes jumping

floor exercise-
sit ups, leg lifts, bicycling, stretching

Breakfast Smoothie

rice milk (organic)
spirutein powder
lecithin granules
nutritional yeast
noni powder
wheatgrass powder
flax seed meal
1/2 frozen banana
1/4 c fresh blueberries (organic)
6 ice cubes
water (bottled arrowhead)

It all seems to be about finding the right balance for my body... it is not an easy path!

All I can say is this, " whenever I feel lost or ready to give up". A "higher power" seems to know what I need...  Listening is key!

Please read this DISCLAIMER
This site
contains  information, education and research by a Parkinson's patient, along with URLs book-marked by a Parkinson's patient.
Nothing you read in these pages should be considered an endorsement or medical
advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment