Saturday, May 21, 2011

Adapting diet to try and feel better....

I am my own experiment. Transitioning again! Not feeling good, has made me re-think my diet, again!  Nausea has been plaguing me today!  I also don't feel like my motor skills; hand co-ordination not working properly. So, now along with my foot spasms, my hands are spasming and being funny!  I know that these symptoms can be part of  PD.

I have been pretty lucky, my symptoms have progressed slowly over the last 7 years.

Today, I have decided to change up my diet... I spoke to my Naturopathic Physician yesterday and shared with her the changes I have been making to my diet.  I told her that I had gone "raw" for a couple of weeks, but ultimately feel that food combining and keeping my body more alkaline seemed to be a better choice for me. 

She agreed, "food combining" was a good idea for me, it might help with my nausea and taking my herbs and aminos. If I did not want to eat "meat" or "dairy,"  I could incorporate some "non-gmo soy" products into my diet. Like "tofu and miso". She also said, that adding "sprouted grains" was a good idea.  I also asked her about adding "whey protein". She said, I could give it a try!

I experimented with adding some "whey protein" to my breakfast this morning.... I made a smoothie out of a whole avocado, frozen banana, some almond milk and whey protein with 4 ice cubes.
It didn't take long for me to get a reaction.... After my smoothie, I took my usual dose of supplements. It only took about 30 minutes, and the nausea started... I almost vomitted. I didn't,  but I got the dry heaves! Not fun!  Protein, also seems to interfere with the therapeutic effects of the dopamine (from the Mucuna Pruriens) my tremors are worse.

This is something I have been dealing with since starting the neuroassist protocol. I am told that patients who take sinemet can also react to protein this way.  Protein doesn't seem to set well with my supplement combination.

I have made the same smoothie, without the whey protein and not gotten a reaction.... I better stick to that version!

I have been researching "Vegan" recipes today... in keeping with "Food Combining" maybe this is the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment