Monday, May 9, 2011

Why I decided to change my diet - PD symptoms progressing

My "PD symptoms" started to progress over  the last month. My right foot is cramping, wanting to curl up, making it pretty difficult to walk for more than 10 minutes at a time.

I had stated earlier on my website www.newfacesofparkinsons.com  on my story update page, that since starting the neuroassist program back in April of 2009, " My symptoms had not progressed".

Now, that this is changing, it is forcing me to re-evaluate, how I can continue to help myself. And for me, that involves changing what I put in my body. Food plays a key role in how I feel.

The following is a link for you to look up nutritional content for fruits and vegetables. I found it helpful and thought you would too!
.

Nutritional Information of Fruits and Vegetables


Breakfast today is simple. 1 whole personal  Watermelon. Hard to believe, but it really is filling.  I couldn't eat the whole thing and shared with my boyfriend.

I walked on my treadmill this morning for 30 minutes.... I have added ankle weights. 1-1/2 lbs for each ankle.  It does help a bit in keeping my momentum going when my foot starts to cramp up. But, still had to stop and stretch out the cramps for 5- 10 seconds and then continue on. I also used my personal mini trampoline (it really helps eliminate stress on your joints) for about 15 minutes and did stretching for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment