Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Taking it "One Day at a Time"

"Taking it one day at a time" has really become significant to me. 

I remember when I first had symptoms of shaking, I thought to myself, "How am I going to live with this shaking?"  It's amazing what your body and mind adapts too! 

Now, I realize I  really had no idea what was in store for me.

I am greatful to take it "one day at a time".  I have learned so much from other's who are dealing with this Disease and other Disease's that take their toll on the body and mind.

Everytime I think that things should be going a certain way, at a certain pace, something seems to bring me back to just "take it one day at  time". 

My Juicer that I bought only 3 years ago, broke yesterday!  Talk about being upset!  This is not the time for that to happen. I haven't been juicing everyday, but had planned on transitioning to more juicing this next week. Guess what?  Change of plans.  I ordered a new juicer. I chose a Jack Lalanne model based on power and and not having to chop the fruits or veggies prior to putting into the juicer. I also decided to buy the extended warranty. I have gone through 3 juicer's over the last 8 years, and know that juicing  will be a part of my daily life forever. So, it is well worth the money to me to make this investment.

It seems to me that taking it "one day at a time" and gaining patience,(not one of my virtues) is extremely important living with Parkinson's Disease. As I walked on my treadmill this morning, I again experienced cramping in my feet. This time it affected both feet. First, the left and about 5 minutes later, the right foot.  It makes it difficult to continue walking on the treadmill, but I didn't give up. I just took it a bit slower and took foot stretching breaks. (as often as I needed to) Was successful in walking for 30 minutes. Hooray!  I then used the mini-trampoline for 15 minutes.  My toes on my right foot were curling up, as I gently, bounced up and down, but I did make it through the 15 minute routine.  

While I am waiting for my new juicer to arrive, I will be eating more green salads for lunch and dinner.

Simple salad - all organic

green leaf lettuce
tomatoes
corn
red pepper
cucumber
broccoli
olives
1/2 avocado  chopped

 Home made french dressing: I make this in my blender. Adjust seasoning to your own taste. 
 If you don't have flax oil, you can use all extra virgin olive oil. 

1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c. flax oil
3 T. apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic -minced, chopped or pressed
1/2 teas. paprika
1 teas. ground yellow mustard seed
Sea salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment