Thursday, May 19, 2011

Health benefits of eating a more "alkaline" balanced diet

Over the last few days, I have been reading alot of information about eating a more "alkaline" balanced diet.  I have read about this in the past, and again it seems to be ringing true to me. After all, my main goal is to be the healthiest I can be, living with Parkinson's Disease. I think it is inevitable that I will always be tweaking my diet, looking for what's right for me.

Food Combining is an essential part of becoming more "alkaline".  Keeping it simple, is also essential for me.  Learning the basics is the best place to start.  And that begins, "by learning what foods are alkaline and what foods are acidic", along with  Learning what your body's Ph level  is and how to use this information in becoming more healthy.

When I started this journey, some of the books that I had read about the "raw food diet", mention that when you make such changes in your diet, you could experience emotional and spiritual changes as well.
I mentioned in one of my posts that the "mental fog" was beginning to lift.  I didn't really know that I had mental fog... it's just that since I have made these dietary changes, my thought's seem clearer and I am able to focus better.

It also seems to bringing up lots of feeling's! Not about one thing, but alot of things! I am feeling very emotional.  Maybe, getting rid of toxins, is not just a physical thing, but a mental one too!

I can only hope that I can continue to learn and grow on this daily journey.

Sticking with my green drink...

This morning, I started the day with a green drink. This time, I am using a powdered Barley Green Grass- 2 tsp in a large glass of water.

1 comment:

  1. Useful information. Fortunate me I found your web site by chance, and I’m surprised why this accident did not happened earlier! I bookmarked it. acid alkaline diet

    ReplyDelete