Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stop, wait a minute! "I forgot about food combining and the Importance of becoming Alkaline"

Ok, I must have been a fog.... I keep wondering why I am not feeling better, since embarking on my "raw" food journey. 

It hit me this morning. While I was walking on the treadmill..... I realized I have not been using my brain! I have forgotten something so important... Alkalizing my body! This may be the most important step in regaining my health!  Here are key reasons to keep your body Alkaline

I have not been watching the foods that I am eating.... even though I have stayed "raw" I have been eating too much fruit, which is acidic and definitely have not been using proper food combining in my daily diet!  Dah!  I can't believe that I haven't recognized this til now. 

So here goes... Day 1 of being Alkaline! 

Juice this morning! Keeping it green, green green!!!

cucumber
turnip greens
mixed dark lettuce greens
3 celery stalks
juice of 1/2 lemon 

Food Combining is key in keeping my body Alkaline... here is a link to an easy to follow food combining chart

I know I am on the right path now!   I have to look at the past 2-1/2 weeks as a good thing, even though I made mistakes ... I think the fog is lifting from my brain... I am thinking clearer. I thank God for that!

Off to the Dentist.... will post some Alkalizing recipes later, but in the meantime, I feel on like I am on the right track!

4 comments:

  1. What about the alkaline pills you put in water? Are they a viable source?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. I do not know anything about alkaline pills you put in water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget fats. They are essential to brain health. It is VERY difficult to get enough fats in your diet when only eating raw food. Up your intake of avacados and raw nuts and take a couple tablespoons of raw coconut oil a day to get some saturated fats. Saturated fats are brain fuel and will imrpove the fog and any depression and lethargy caused by the raw diet. Good luck and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to see comments this morning.

    Your right, Fats are essential to Brain health. I incorporate "Healthy Fats" into my diet everyday. Avocados, Coconuts and nuts are all good sources.

    For me, the best way to improve my health, is through knowledge. I read as much as possible and encourage each of you to do the same.

    Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete