Thursday, May 5, 2011

The body relaxes "who knew this could happen"

May 5, 2011

Well I have made it to "Day 7" of being "raw".  I am feeling pretty good this morning. One of the main things that I have noticed since going raw is waking up really early in the morning. I am finding that I am ready to get up between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m. in the morning. 

This morning I feel pretty clear minded and full of energy. I have noticed that my tremors seem less intense and I feel more relaxed.  A feeling that I have not been used to since PD symptoms started 7 years ago. Normally I wake feeling stiff and tense. Along with not feeling rested. So I would say this is a pretty good thing!

Something that I saw on a cable station several months ago, had been running around in my head and I guess that it is really one of the stronger reasons for me to decide to change my diet.

It was a show with "Chef Gordon Ramsey" from "Hell's Kitchen" fame. 

He was doing a travel show and on  a journey somewhere in "India" . He experienced a day of being a"vegetarian". He was speaking with an Indian man, they were about to sit down and eat their vegetarian lunch. The Indian man, sat cross legged  on the ground, alongside other's who were enjoying lunch.  Gordon Ramsey, tried to sit and found that he was having difficulty joining the other's in this cross legged position on  the ground. The Indian man, said something like this to him, "he would become more limber and his body would be more relaxed on a vegan/vegetarian diet".  This stuck in my mind. My body had become more and more tense and had minimal flexibility. I felt that it was getting worse with the progression of Parkinson's.

I started doing "yoga type" stretching a few weeks ago and could not touch my toes.  I was about a foot from the ground. All my muscles were tight and had no flexibility. I say, "yoga type" because I only know the "downward dog" and "kids pose" position officially. I would like to learn more and have googled a few  website's with yoga information and hope that I can incorporate some of their principles into my lifestyle,  soon!

And guesss what? I have become more flexible, have more balance and feel much more relaxed since starting this way of eating. Who knew this could happen, just by changing my diet.

I made flax crackers in my dehydrator the other day. Wow are they good! They look really pretty too!
I will attempt to take a picture and upload it later!

My recipe:

2 cups soaked golden flax seeds
juice of one lime
sea salt (small amount or how you like it!)
8 chopped sundried tomatoes
red crushed pepper (season how you like it!)
2 chopped kale leaves

Using a food processor, add all of the above ingredients and pulse until all is well mixed.
Spread thinly on teflex sheets and put into your dehydrator for about 6 hours, carefully flip over and dehydrate for another 6-8 hours.   I eat my flax crackers with my version of guacamole (a mashed ripe avocado, chopped tomato, chopped onion)  SCRUMPTIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment