Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Computer Problems and The birth of this blog"

May 3, 2011

Sorry it has been awhile. My main computer crashed and then my laptop also went down.
But, I am back now.

Since my last writing I have discovered that I can no longer access my www.newfacesofparkinsons.com website files. At first I was really upset, but now think that maybe it is a sign that I need to re-invent myself, as it is and start writing about my life now, with Parkinson's. All of the alternative information will remain on the website. (Note: I am currently using the www.Neuroassist.com Protocol and think that this is the most effective way for me to treat my Parkinson's symptoms. It has given me the most relief and is my source of hope in keeping my body active right now. I share this with you, so you can investigate for yourself about how this can work for you, if you choose too!)

Now I feel the need to move on... I am on a quest to improve my health. Diet seems to be the key for me.

After re-reading several "raw food" books, I have decided that "going raw" is the most beneficial thing I can do for my body right now. Eating living food; salads, fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds is key to a "living body".

Today, is the 6th day of going "raw".

I have tried eating "raw" in the past, only to give up after a few days. I think the key to success this time is simplifying my food choices. And having enough food on hand, all the time.

I just can't complicate this. Keep it simple. Keep it raw, that is my new motto. So far this new thinking has helped me to make this a successful "Day 6".

Simple recipe for Breakfast-
Blend in Vita-Mix blender

Blueberries
Frozen Banana
Raw honey

Simple snack-

Apple

Simple lunch- Salad
Mix all together and enjoy!

Kale
Broccoli
Red pepper
Cucumber
Green onion
Avocado
Lemon or Lime juice
Sea salt

Simple Snack-
Oranges

Simple Dinner

Flax crackers
Fresh salsa and avocado

One of the other reasons that I had trouble sticking to a an all "raw" diet in the past was the side effects of detoxing.

So far I have experienced sluggishness, sleepiness, mental fog and brief periods of euphoria, though they did not last long, it could be scarey if you don't know what or why this is happening to you. Fortunately, I have done my homework and realize that each of us is individual and will experience "raw" in our own unique way.

I feel more mentally prepared this time.  Therefore, I feel like I can and will succeed, but only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laurel,

    I'm so glad to have come across your blog - it's very informative and helpful for someone like me who is trying to learn about PD.

    My sister (55 yrs old) has just been diagnosed with Parkinson’s – it’s a very overwhelming news for os as she’s the doll of our family. She's not much on the Internet, so I am trying to help her research and learn about the possible treatments. You have mentioned Amino Acid therapy in your blog - can you please share some more details about this treatment? Are these amino acids prescription based for this therapy, or can be obtained over the counter? You also mentioned taking Carbidopa with Mucuna Pruriens – is there some optimum combination of these two? How many times a day should one take these? I am meeting a Neurologist with her next week and would like to be more informative in discussing her treatment options. Any advice and additional information will be highly appreciated! Take care,

    Zach

    ReplyDelete